Monday 28 September 2015

YOU ARE NOT INDEPENDENT... OR ARE YOU?



Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah,

We all want to be independent.

But what does that even mean?

Does independence mean that we completely forget our morals and values and start doing the things that we were initially told not to do?

Or is it where we come into our own and start by abiding by our own moral structures, at the same time have a say in what we do, look after those who are close to us and be able to support ourselves?

I very much hope its the latter. 

Having to improve ones interior to reflect the exterior is hard work, sometimes even a struggle. The fight to not become hypocritical is real! 

The effort of trying to support your own words of wisdom in itself is difficult. Maybe thats why we need to make sure we follow what we preach instead of speaking empty words. 

Life makes you think 'who do I want to be?' 

Even spirals towards 'who am I?' 

Theres a person who I think of when I write these words that makes me think, if I were to ever be faced with said person, who would I say I am, who would I be? How would I come across? Why do they affect me so?

Maybe its the not knowing, maybe its one of those things that you need to find out for yourself. 

Or maybe its better to leave things be. 

No comments: