Friday 2 October 2015

DO I LOOK FAT TO YOU?

Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah,

One of the things I despise is when people think its okay to comment on other peoples natural look whether they are related to them or not.

What makes YOU think you are better than someone who may not be physically smaller than you? 

What makes YOU think you can point out that clothes may or may not fit that person.

What makes YOU think they're unhealthy?

What makes YOU think that they want to be skinny.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. 

I do not understand peoples urge to point out another's body. Why is that important?

Does that mean because i'm bigger that I don't have a personality? 

Does someone with a bigger stomach or bigger legs determine who they are as a person? 

Do you hate me because i'm big?

Im so annoyed by this ideal, especially in certain societies who are always complaining that there are no 'good' people out there, yet they shun people according to their size or facial complexion. 

Don't look down on me because i'm not small, my weight might be my hijab. I don't need guys to holla and call. Im not there for me to be their object of appreciation. I don't need their approval for how I look, i am not there to please them, and what the hell gives them the idea that that is why girls are there? 

Am I being forced to walk down the street and wonder if everyone who walks past me is contemplating my weight, is thinking i'm not good enough because of it?

Are people choosing the wives of their sons to be skinny, and pretty, yet then complain about their daughter in-laws for having an ugly personality when they ignored and didn't consider girls for their deen and education. 

I am the queen of my body, I am its protector, so how I protect it has nothing to do with you. Just because you are unable to appreciate the different shapes and sizes doesn't mean theres anything wrong with me, rather you have some messed up perception of the world. No-one is uniform. 

Who do you think you are. 

You don't know my story, you don't know what I have been through. 

You don't know why I am who I am. 

But my weight is the least of my problems, and so it should be to you. 


No comments: