Sunday 28 February 2016

A MOTHER'S SACRIFICE - SPOKEN WORD.


Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah, 

You think she's happy, 
But i've seen her cry, 
With every tear that drops, 
I swear I hate you more pops.

How can you love me so much, 
And shower me in gold,
While you have together grown old?

Why must I remind you that she is your wife, 
When all she has ever done is given you her life.

I still see her in the shop falling short on pennies, 
Never to buy, always to save and sacrifice.

This is my mother. 

If only you knew big brother, 
It kills me when you act like him, 
But he is her husband, and you are her son.

She prayed for you every night,
Hoping that one day you would be her light.

I am proud of this woman, 
Who has shown me strength and power,
A woman who is a warrior,
And yet such a gentle flower.

She has achieved things without your help,
Of which I am so proud, 
She held tight your arm when you were sick, 
And secretly cried when you were afar. 

But hey boys, 
What do you know?

You think she's happy, but i've seen her cry. 

By Mar'eee'ya

No comments: