Tuesday 29 December 2015

12 THINGS I HATE ABOUT ME

Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah, 

Today I thought I would write about 12 things I hate about me. 

Not that I hate myself - just things I want to change or I don't particularly like. 

So here we go ..

1. Unforgiving - I find it very very difficult to forgive someone once they have done something towards me. 

2. Stubborn - I am incredibly stubborn when it comes to certain events. If I know I am right in something, I cant let it go and let someone else just have their moment. I have to prove that I am right. This only mainly happens towards family members. 

3. Trusting - I don't know if this is a good or bad quality, but I trust people very quickly, and then realise my mistake later on. I can pretty much create a conversation by opening up first, and sometimes that doesn't play well in the long run. But - you never know. 

4. Unmotivated - I can be motivated sometimes, but it comes and goes in phases. I wish I could remain motivated for long periods of time to accomplish something. I feel like I lose motivation like some people lose their keys. Especially if its something that I know I want to accomplish, but I have to sit down with myself and remind myself why I wanted to do something in the first place.

5. Worried - I feel like I'm constantly worried about others, how they might feel if I do something etc. I feel like this limits me when I want to do something. I am constantly thinking about how it would affect other people, whether people would feel left out, whether they might not like it. And generally its things that I would enjoy. I do find it unfair, especially if the people whose reaction I worry about, freely do as they please. This links to.. 

6. Over-thinker - I constantly overthink everything. Even if its something that doesn't need overthinking about. For example age. 

7. Double Chin - If there was a magical way to get rid of a double chin, hit me up

8. Past - I am not a fan of who I used to be, but then, I wouldn't be who I am now.

9. Control - I feel like because of certain events, I need to be in control. I feel like I can only rely on myself to do things properly, on time and make sure things are done. I only say this because I know that some people around me never take responsibility. Plus I feel like people push responsibility onto me so I have no choice but to deal with it in a way that I know how.

10. Making Decisions - I cant make decisions when I am with other people. I would much rather do what others wanted to do. Which could be a good thing. 

11. Not Saying Yes - I have been getting better at this but I find it hard to say yes just like that if it interrupts my schedule. Which is linked with control, but I find it difficult to do something if it wasn't planned.

12. I clearly don't hate that much of myself haha. 

So there is my list of things I don't like. 
Some of you might be surprised that there may not be a lot of image oriented comments. 

But the thing about image is that everyone is different. I don't aim to have a body like someone else. 
That doesn't mean I am happy with it, but it doesn't mean I don't like it either. 

I don't agree with image and this obsession with having to look a certain way all the time. Just live your life. We don't have forever to be concerned about it. 

I'm sure that at the end of the day, image is the least of our priorities. 

No comments: