Sunday 27 December 2015

THOUGHTS BEFORE 2016.

Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah, 

It is currently 00:39am of Sunday 27th December 2015. 

What is my position right this second?

Well, I am sitting on my mattress, on the floor, at home, with my laptop on my cushion, on my bent left leg which I am about to swap to my right, with the pitter patter of the rain outside. 

What is my wider position? 

Well, I have an assignment for my Psychology of Creativity module due in January, my dissertation waiting for me to begin, my 3 week christmas holiday running away from me. 
My last semester of university is fast approaching. 
I am constantly worrying. Not about my work, not about anything except time.

Why does it bother me so much?

Maybe it has something to do with control. Time is so out of my control that I don't know how to handle it. If only clocks and time, and dates didn't exist. 
It gets worse when things that I am used to begin to end or change. 
It gets worse when I think about it earlier than its time.

I wish we could grasp every moment and store it in a jar, only to revisit it. 

Thank god for cameras and videos, but they're simply not enough. 

For me when the change has happened and I settle in something else I am fine, its just the time up to a changing event, especially when I don't know what comes next, that gets to me. 
The past number of years have been comforting. At least I know that I have somewhere to go back to, something to look forward to. But now I don't know.

What do I have to do?

Enjoy the next few months.
Make the most of every moment, occasion, event.
Live them and enjoy them. 

Understand that life goes on until it doesn't anymore. 

La illaha illalah.

There is no God but Allah

Muhammadan Rasoolullah

Muhammad (pbuh) is His Messenger. 

The time is now 00:49. 

I guess I knew what I had to say. 

No comments: