Sunday 24 January 2016

INSPIRED BY A REVERT?

Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah, 

It is often a phrase thrown about where 'reverts are better muslims than born muslims.'

The only issue with this is that it is so unfairly generalised that it doesn't make sense.

I would definitely agree with reverts being inspiring though.

Masha'Allah, I have a friend who recently reverted to Islam.

When I was talking to her, I was taken aback by how someone can be so sure in something, so certain that they are doing the right thing.

This doesn't mean that I am full of doubts. But I was so surprised that someone who hasn't grown up, nor been surrounded by people who are Muslims is so sure of what she is doing despite the hardship around her.
It makes me so emotional to talk about, only because sometimes we have to remind ourselves why we are here.
I spend time wanting to improve but not focused enough to do so.
I find myself wanting to better myself in certain areas of my life but being lazy to do so.

Seeing someone who hasn't even had any coaching since childhood, drop everything to start a new life and be so happy was so refreshing.
I feel ashamed.

We have the most rewarding, the most beautiful religion in our hands. We are those people. Yet we let this world, this dunya override the hereafter, the akhira.

We are blessed to have this religion in our hands, whilst others out there do not have Islam, yet we toss our religion to the side.

We have been given the easiest religion to follow, the uplifting and powerful religion, the religion that contains everything that others ultimately want, yet we CHOOSE to ignore it and listen to our temptation.

Our hijab is there to protect us.
Our prayer is there to protect us,
The Quran is there to uplift and guide us,
Our smiles are there to give charity,
Our steps are there to lead us.

Yet we still take this ease and turn it into hardship.

We forget that as big as our sins are, Allah's mercy is even bigger.

We forget to repent and ask forgiveness, we choose to ignore our wrongdoings.

Ya Allah guide us, Ya Allah give us strong, Ya Allah purify our souls and intentions.

Ya Allah grant us Janatul Firdous. 

No comments: