Sunday 3 January 2016

MY FAVOURITE BOOK SERIES TO DATE

Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah,

Today I thought I would write about something a little bit more light hearted, such as my favourite books! 

I like to think of myself as a bookworm and a passionate reader. 

I would like to, however, dedicate this blog post to the author of my favourite series: Robert Muchamore. 
(I used to love his last name so much I used to sing it). 

The series that I am talking about is CHERUB :D

My Old Collection
I loved the books so much that I still remember how I got into them. 
We were on holiday in Dubai, and my mum had bought the books for my brother - who by the way doesn't ever touch books let alone read them - and he had taken the book "divine madness" with him. 
I just remember being on the bunk bed that we had and seeing the book, and reading the blurb, then decided to start reading. 
I was so nervous that my brother would be annoyed at me that I was literally lying on my front hanging off the bed that if he were to walk into the room I could quickly throw it under the bed and he would have no idea. 

No joke, I was so involved in the book that I finished it that night. 

I casually asked my brother if that was the only book he had as it wasn't the first book, he was like no I have a set. I could not wait to go home! 
When we did I literally went to his room, removed all the books and sat and read them all. 
It was so good! 

The first two books made me literally want to be in the books (imagine this as a 12 year old girl) 

The poor books are so worn lool
The best thing about these books is they start from the very beginning, of the character James life - how he ended up joining cherub and the missions he went on. 
The reason I loved/ love these books is that they are soooo realistic. They are based in London, James is so normal, living in a normal neighbourhood/ council home, took part in rebellious activities, went to a normal school etc. 

This book changed the dynamic of everything
I remember sitting in english class when we got the opportunity to read and I was reading Cherub and the boy sitting next to me also had the same book and I was so happy that I had to start asking questions about how he felt about them and we had to discuss it! 

Its weird though, I read these books recently, and as I have passed the age that the characters are at, it felt weird reading it seeing it from another perspective! For example, when James was 12, I was 12, when he was 14 I was 14. But when the books stopped, the ages went by and now you are still looking at the 14 year old James when you are like 20. But nevertheless, I still adore them.

I feel like they will continue on to be the best books, so relatable, so engaging that I have yet to find a book that I cant put down. 

Ah the good old days.

Anyways, if you have any books that you would like to recommend me that would be awesome! I need some inspiration because I never really know what the best books are to read. 

Thank youu! 



No comments: