Saturday 6 February 2016

MY MUSLIMAH TAG


Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah,

Today I thought I would do a Muslim Tag just to highlight a few personal preferences. 
I hope you enjoy! 

1) What is your favourite hijab?

I don't have a particular hijab that I love, but I do enjoy wearing plain colours like grey, blue, brown and beige. My ideal scarf that I would want to try is a proper jersey style hijab that is big enough to cover everything. 

2) What is your go-to Islamic Outfit?

I don't have a go to Islamic outfit. Im not really that adventurous when it comes to style as it's not something that interests me in anyway. But I usually pick between an abaya with pockets or without depending if i'm going to wear a cardigan or jacket with pockets. 
I iz da plain jane. 

3). What part of the Quran speaks directly to your heart?

Every time I hear the verse in Surah Ar-Rahman: 

‘Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?’ [Surah Rahman 55:13]
I think it just brings me back to reality. It makes me conscious of my wrongdoings. It makes me think that I need to make extra effort not to be hypocritical and unappreciative. There's a deeper meaning of the ayah depending on what it means to you. 
4). What part of Islam do you find most difficult?
I don't find Islam difficult. I do find seeing myself and other muslims doing certain things difficult. I just wish some people took Islam more seriously than they are because this like is ultimately nothing in comparison to what we will have to face. But at the end of the day, you can help guide yourself and others but its up to us individually to make the right decisions. 
5). Who is your favourite lecturer/scholar in Islam?

My two favourite lecturers are: Mufti Menk and Nouman Ali Khan. There's something about these two that just seems non-judgmental and just right. Some people I cant listen to because they might inflict their personal teachings. But I feel like they provide personal examples and they just want the best for everyone and they always tell the most compelling stories. 
6). Where do you find inspiration when things seem difficult?

It might seem dark but the idea of death inspires me. I dont want to die in the wrong, and that scares me. And also, I feel like I need to remind myself that I would much rather be in my position than in a worse situation. 

7). If you could change something about your Mosque to make it better what would it be?

To be more open and understanding towards younger people and let them take the lead. 

8). What does your prayer rug look like?
Its purple and goldy colour. 

9). How did you tie your hijab today? 
The usual up and around and pin 

10). What are the islamic websites that you go to most frequently?

I enjoy visiting IslamQA once in a while if I want to know the teaching of something. Its a rather handy website alhamdullilah. 

11). What kind of accessories do you wear with your hijab?

A pin and a brooche. The brooche adds a little something something to my usually plain outfit choices. 
12). Have you ever been discriminated against because you are Muslim?

Yes but thats because I lived in an area where there were hardly any muslims anyways. 

13). Best advice anyone has ever given you?

If you are ever still annoyed or angry towards someone and it blocks you from doing something good then don't think about doing it for that person, rather do it for the sake of Allah and it takes away the initial difficulty of doing good. - My Mother.
I hope you enjoyed this little tag. If theres anything else you would like for me to blog about please leave a comment so that I can entertain the crowd haha. 

No comments: