Sunday 4 October 2015

WE HAVE GIVEN IN TO TEMPTATION!



Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah,

We are surrounded.

Surrounded by temptation. 

How can we ever escape it?

Temptation is one of the most difficult things to overcome. We have it everywhere! Be it music, TV, social media sites, movies, advertisements, and our daily lives, such as boys, alcohol, drugs, nudity.

Temptation is often not spoken about because of potential taboo topics, but if we don't address it then how do we get tackle it?

I do feel as though lately I have been fighting my soul, I have been making mind over matter, but I understand its difficulty. 

For me, its a matter of finding something about a temptation that is so bad it will make me want to stop. Its about increasing the importance of my faith so it overcrowds any negative temptations. 

One of the worst and hardest things is probably being on the good path, but then something in a split second comes into your head, you give in, and thats it, back to square one.

Honestly, I feel as though Allah is watching over me and is patient. I, as a Muslim have to believe this strongly. Allah is the most patient and the most kind and may He forgive me for my sins. 

I need help, I need motivation, and I need knowledge. 

Temptation is a topic that is suppressed in society. It is neither encouraged nor stopped. Everything and everyone is so sensitive. As though lately boundaries have just been dropped and its everyones human right to do as they please. 

But I cannot believe that. I cannot accept that. 

Without our own internal boundaries what makes us any different to animals who feed off their own instincts. What makes us any cleaner, or purer that ravenous hyenas. 

We need to protect our soul. Those of us who do and do not believe in an afterlife need to do this for ourselves. Purify ourselves. Once you taste the sweetness of faith, patience and Allah,

All we have to do is fight our soul. 


No comments: