Tuesday 6 October 2015

WHAT FUTURE?

Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah,

Thinking of the future can be very daunting.

I cannot tell you how many times i've changed my mind about what I want to aspire to, its just pressure.

I have to thank God that I am even here, at university, trying to get a degree. 

I remember being in year 11 contemplating my life, looking at my friends who were going to college because it offered their subject choices. But I wanted to go to college for all the wrong reasons.

If it wasn't for my mum putting her foot down, even though I wasn't best pleased at the time, I wouldn't have even gone to university.

Those of you who have reached that age where they are thinking about what they want to do, remember this:

Don't follow your friends. Don't look at what they are doing and want to do the same so that you are not on your own.

Take a moment to think by yourself about what you want the rest of YOUR life to consist of. What do you want your future to be?

Your friends are not going to always be there. They are going to be selfish just like you have to be. 

Every road you take has new people who you will meet, who will become your friends, who will be more like you than you know. 

Keep those relationships that you have built throughout school, but don't let that keep you at a stand still, we all have to grow and stimulate ourselves. 

Trust me, its hard now but once you have made your own decision there is so much satisfaction and hopefully success down that route. 

Don't feel that if you leave your friends that your relationship will fade, no if anything it will get stronger and long lasting. Usually going your separate ways will determine who is more likely to be a friend for life.

In my case, the person who I thought I was least likely to keep in touch with turned out to be the one that I kept most in touch with!

The world works in fantastic ways.


Grab those opportunities. 

No comments: