Friday 23 October 2015

HURT HAPPENS

Asalamualaykum Warahmatullah,

There is an anonymous saying: 'Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional."

I can't imagine that anyone can go through life without being hurt at least once.
Whether its physically, mentally or emotionally. 
Whether its by someone you know, or you don't know.
Whether its by someone or by something. 

I feel like I am a stubborn person.

I find it hard to let go. I find it hard to forgive and forget. 

I feel like I am more likely to forget than forgive, when it shouldn't be like that. 

It should be to forgive. I guess that is why in Islam forgiving is so important, because it is hard!

Sometimes I feel like what someone is hurt by, generally is a reoccurring situation. Be it through your imperfections, or through family ties.

When something happens, I don't think of it as 'hurt'. It generally is something that gets me down or angry or something, but 'hurt' doesn't automatically jump into my mind.

There are some things in my life that I am definitely holding on to, but forcing myself to let go. 

It's almost like holding someones hand when you are being pulled away, slowly, the grip becomes looser.

But I can definitely say that you live and you learn. 
You get better and you adapt.

But it does shape you.
Everything in life shapes you.

Whether its good or bad.

But we are who we are as a result of our experiences, our drives. 

What we do should be for a purpose. We should try to please Allah.

May Allah make it easier, make us spiritually stronger. 
Ameen 

No comments: